Wednesday, January 05, 2005

Update on "Buzz" and "Delilah"

Well, my assistant choreographer helped me think up something to make the dance easier for these two kids, and decided that we'd show it, then teach it on Monday (since, yanno, we don't get to work with them again until Monday).

Turns out, after talking with my mom (she's directing...the entire family is full of theater rats), they do the dance FINE on stage. But, if that's the case, then why do they like...not even TRY while in the choreography room with me? I mean...it's not like I'm able to see that they're doing it better, if they don't take the practice time with me seriously.

Geh. Sometimes I just don't know why I work with kids. But then I get rushed with a huge hug, and I end up remembering.

Besides. I just love the theater. Yay for drama geeks!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

See,now I'm posting just so you know someones out there. LOL I know what you mean about kids. I have a son who has some serious emotional issues and epilipsy. Sometimes he drives us up the wall but it's those hugs that keep you going. As long as you're doing something you love,then the good will out weigh the bad. Norm(again)

The Kitola said...

*Laughs* Thanks!

Yeah, I've been doing the shows at this school for 5 years. One of the third graders from the first show I did is my assistant this year (GAH! That makes me feel OLD)

I'm just having issues with these two because the characters they're playing are almost cut and paste exact from another show I did at that school, and those kids were SO good and easy to work with. I need to keep reminding myself that not all 5th graders are like that...a lot are "EW! COOTIES! NO TOUCHIE!"

Though I'm impressed with myself for getting a 3rd grade boy to link arms with two girls at the same time.

Anonymous said...

wow, i was never like that when i was in fifth grade, and it was like 5 yrs ago, but i was also very mature

-bigmac1989
*not sure if i spelled everything rite*