Sunday, October 01, 2006

Wizard of Oz and other things

So we got a call from the JCC people for Wizard of Oz. Mom and I are gonna be appletrees. What FUN. And the costume is just ever so attractive (From what we saw, the head piece looks like Cthulhu mated with a tree). May or may not also end up as an Ozian and/or a Winkie, since they don't know that yet. Man, I wanted to be Munchkin #3. Hmph.

Hope all the folk at the Ren. Faire are still dry. It's been all grey and drizzly today over here. Not quite helping my mild down-and-outs that I've had since I came home yesterday. Just happens sometimes, not sure why.

Um...oh. In other news, my parentals were handing out the bulletins as greeters at church today. There was something in the bulletin about the committee that was put together to decide whether the theater company would stay or go. While them having to hand that out at church was probably stressful, there were apparently a bunch of folk that came up to them afterwards and told them that they would call the members of the committee and speak positively on STC's behalf. That might be helpful, at least.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cthulhu mated with a tree? That may be my all time favorite line in your blog. I can see perfectly in my mind how the costume looks. Great image!

Sounds like there's hope at the church. I've always found most congregations run as much on popular opinion as prayer. If you get enough support, things should work out well.

My daughter is feeling much better. We kept her home today but she'll be back in school tomorrow. Thanks for asking! Norm