Sunday, October 22, 2006

Oktoberfest

Went down to the Oktoberfest in downtown today, and at around 3:30 The Boy called to say that he and his Friend Of The Same Name were there and gave me a place to find them. :D So I got to wander around with him and his bud through the craft booths and stuff, stole his hat at one point, got to link arms with him, and oh....we polka-ed randomly in the less crowded areas. I think that embarassed/annoyed Friend-Of-The-Same-Name. T'was amusing.

Also amusing, we were wandering in a painting store when this occured.
Cast list:
Me - Ta da!
TB - The Boy
FotSN - Friend of the Same Name

Me: ::staring at a painting of a guitar.....with an ostrich's head infront of it::
FotSN: ::Blinks:: Uh...
Me: I don't know...I just....what...?
FotSN: I dunno, it's kinda cool.
Me: Well, yeah, but....what the heck, yanno?
TB: It's great if you're into Emu Rock.
Me and FotSN: ::GROANS::

Heh...I'm still wincing/giggling over that horrible pun.

Well, anyhoo, they weren't there long since they were taking a break from the costume project they're working on. The Boy said that once that's done he'll be more available to do things, so yay. :)

I spent some money, too! I got some pretty pretty dangly earrings that I probably won't get to wear unless I go somewhere fancier. And I got a camisole/tank-top from Dash Hemp that's 100% hand loomed hemp. It's a veeeeery pretty blue, but not sure when I'll be able to wear it. Oh wells.
Back to knitting I go. Though I should be finishing up my 2 page paper that's due in a few weeks...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like things are going well. I'm glad to hear it.

"Emu Rock" OMG,moan!