Monday, August 01, 2005

Birthday and other updates

Soooo yes, my birthday was on Saturday. Wheeeee! Spent the day doing not much special. Took Dhougal to the dog-wash, and it took two of us to brush, bathe and dry the boy. He was muuuch calmer this time, in comparison to the last time. Though he did try to bite at the air-dryer while trying to dry the poor pup off.

Umm....bought some props for Seussical and got to work on making them correct. I'm making even more clovers (we'll have about 600 now), and painting some bland props (baskets) into red and white stripes.

After buying the props and supplies, I went to the Gaslighter to pick up a CD of the "Lobby Songs" so that I can teach them to the "Little Cats" for the intermission bit in Seussical. That'll be an iiiinteresting day...It's a five hour rehearsal teaching dance and songs to a group of at least 12 girls between the ages of 8 and 12. Eeeek!! And I still have to choreograph one of the numbers...

My brother, his wife, my sister and niece all came over for dinner and gift giving. We went to a Chinese Resturaunt called House of the Orient...very very yummy. And I guess I'll do the obligitory "haul" listing:

-1st season of Monk (SQUEE!!)
-1st Season of Futurama
-Volume 1 of Family Guy
-A set of Family Guy Bendables
-Kill Bill vol. 1
-Kill Bill vol. 2
-A shirt with a really extreme formula that eventually equals 42
-2 shirts from Pac Sun (one's just purty, the other has a little chibi Eeyore and says "i need a hug" under it)
-1 pair of Lee True Fit Jeans...they don't gap in the back when you sit or bend!!
-A white tank top with a really REALLY cute hippy/ren faire skirt. It's green and full of beads everywhere
-An Arlo Guthrie CD....can't wait to listen to it.
-25th Anniversary Illustrated Special Edition of THE HITCHHIKER'S GUIDE TO THE GALAXY
-Official Biography of Douglas Adams

Oh! I also went to Duke's on Thursday again. The Irish Whistler taught me two more songs, so now I know a total of three songs he's taught me, and four I taught myself (Theme to Popeye, Yo Ho A Pirate's Life For Me, and two songs from Seussical).

Ribs are still fairly darn sore. Ow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I think there should be a pic or two of the "haul" listed, on your Moblog. Happy Happy Birthday!

Anonymous said...

Belated Happy Birthday. I'd been wondering where you'd been. I'd have to say that everything in your "haul" are things I'd like myself (Except for the clothes which would look pretty damn silly on me!) Sounds like you had a pretty good B-Day and that's great!
Good luck with the rehearsal. That many girls in that age group,EEK!