Sunday, August 28, 2005

Production week, new classes, and OPENING WEEKEND

Good lord, I'm tired.

Production week was quite an event. Starting on Sunday of last week, there was a rehearsal EVERY day (save for Monday)...and Sunday was an all day for me at the theater. When I wasn't on stage, I had to take notes of the other cast so that my mom could be a Who on stage (that particular cast is rather weak, for some reason).

Not only that, but my classes at SJSU started on Wednesday. I've spent over $280 on books for THREE classes. Gah. I still have to buy one for my P.E. class (wtf?), too. Buuuut, that'll be okay, I guess. However, the whole "waking up at 6 in the morning" thing is going to take a LOT of getting used to.

Friday was opening night!! My cast was the first one to do the show with a real audience. On Thursday, I'd managed to turn my ankle while on stage practicing...but thankfully I own SO many braces that I'm still able to do the shows.

Of the people who came to see me on opening night, there was my brother, sister-in-law, sister, parents' friends, and the fella who teaches me how to play my Irish Whistle. He is so incredibly awesome and happy. Last night, one of my friends from highschool came and saw my show, along with a whole bunch of the little girls from the elementary school I've been doing choreography at for the past 5 years. I miss them sooooooo much. Hopefully my mom and I will be offered to do that again this year, but we haven't heard from whoever's in charge yet. *Sigh* A few of those girls are gonna be soooooo sad if I don't come back.

Hmmm....oh. Joey was supposed to come see the show, but he had car trouble again. That seems to happen to him a lot. Meh. If he can't make it, he can't make it. Hopefully, the other folk I've invited to see the show will come next weekend for my matinees.

.....God, those matinees are going to suck. Wearing a full tux with tails made of polyester....on stage...under those HOT lights....in the middle of the afternoon. Eeyugh. ;P

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Real quick comments.

Good luck with the show,Break a leg.

Tell Joey I understand. Blew the motor on my car this weekend and I'm bussing it at the moment. Sucks

How the hell do you need a book for PE?

Pray for my daughters friends in New Orleans!

Norm