Friday, July 22, 2005

Fucking OW....

Okay, so with my bruised ribs or whatever, I haven't been coughing much. I try to keep that pain down. But sometimes, you just get something caught in your throat and you have to cough. That happened, and I swear I felt something pop. Ow ow ow.....thank God there's no STABBING PAIN OF DEATH anymore. Yay for ace bandages.

Mild update: Joey was in town to go to his sister's "wedding" (City Hall wedding with just bride, groom, and bride's family)....so, since he'll be in VEGAS on my birthday, we spent some time together this weekend. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to be too cheery. My throat is still hurting, my ribs make me uncomfortable, and I screwed up my back so I've got a nasty knot in my shoulder. Joey actually went to massage my shoulders and said "Holy mother!! That ain't right..."

Thursday night, after rehearsal, I went over to a pub where there's a Celtic band that plays once a week. The same band has done the Kirkin of the Tartan at our church. Anyway, I went and visisted with them for a bit and the piper of the group started teaching me how to play Irish whistles. I've already learned a pretty simple polka.

Well, that's all there is to say right now. Time to put ice on my side.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You really need to take care of yourself. You're far too young to be falling apart like this! LOL I really do hope you feel better quickly.

The Kitola said...

On the plus side, I'm feeling a bit better today. Just feeling very guilty about having been in such a crappy mood when Joey was here. Too many different areas of pain, and I kept getting all emotional/teary over how crappy I felt...convinced that I was crappy company.

Being female is FUN. :D