Monday, August 08, 2005

Messy Stressy "Fun"

Alrighty.

On Saturday, there was a huge dance rehearsal for the "Little Cat" group that went from 10 - 3. I had to teach two dance numbers, a bit for intermission and then let another woman take over to teach "The Circus." Not exactly stressful, really, but incredibly tiring. Plus, while I was teaching my niece (who was helping me) some of the moves, I rolled my ankle...causing me to fall right onto my keester. Owww. Thankfully, it isn't too bad...just stiff and a bit sore.

Today (Sunday) was.....amazingly stressy all around. My mom has lost her cell phone, which was the number she gave to Men's Warehouse about the possibility of my using a tux and tails for free. I'm going to be going down there tomorrow to go give the woman MY cell phone number instead. The stress from that event, though, was underneath aaaall of the other "fun" today. The usual Sunday Rehearsal (1 - 4) was also the costume parade. A lot of people didn't know it was today, apparently, despite that it was announced at the end of every rehearsal for a few weeks. Also, for some reason, the rehearsal just did NOT flow very well at all. It felt very chaotic and disjointed. No clue as to why.

Afterwards, my parents and I went out to dinner to a very calm, quiet, and nice Itallian resturaunt. It was expensive, but worth it for the atmosphere and the wonderful friendly waiters. Plus, the location made lemon liquor was MMMMMsogood. I only had half a shot's worth, though, since I'm such a lightweight.

Alrighty...as soon as dinner was done, we had to go to the "Sit and Sing" rehearsal. Effectively, it was a chance for the orchestra and cast to work together and learn how the show will sound. I had a fine time doing it, even though the girl who is my double apparently was ticked off that I knew how the words and music went together and she didn't (there are parts in the music where there's a spoken line, a chord, another spoken line, another chord, etc. My double liked to just plow through those lines).

Whew.

Along with having to go talk to Men's Warehouse tomorrow, I may be seeing Joey during the day before rehearsal. Also, my new Irish Tin Whistle is coming in the mail tomorrow. Hopefully.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Having never had much of a acting career myself (outside of one truly remarkable production of "The Hobbit" in High School!) I always am fascinated to read your entries on all the work you put into these shows. I really think I'm learning a tiny bit of stage craft by osmosis. After reading all the work that's gone into this production I just wish I was on the right side of the Country to check it out. Any chance you want to take it on the road? LOL

The Kitola said...

Heh! If you want to fund it, we'll deffinately do it. Keeping in mind this is the first year we've EVER paid an orchestra director and players and we run off of free will donation.... :P

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure that my finances will allow the funding you'd require but it would be fun!
Do you guys really get enough in just donations to stay afloat? Thank God for the theater going public!