Tuesday, March 20, 2007

An update of sorts

Had a vera nice weekend with The Boy, though I was in an odd mood on St. Patty's day....if I were to retell it here, it would sound like I had a worse time than I did, so I won't bother. It actually wasn't too bad, just felt kinda out of place when he and his friends started a strategy game and I opted to sit out because the logistics behind it confused me a bit.

Tomorrow (Wednesday), The Boy is going to be getting Lasik eye surgery done....so guess who gets to play nurse! I'll be driving him to and from, and I'm going to stick around until he's allowed to use his eyes again and he's over the Valium.

This Saturday, we're going to a swing dance event that the Glenn Miller Orchestra will be playing at on the USS Hornet. VERY COOL and I'm incredibly excited about it. I've been trying to figure out what to do with my hair...I want to do a Pageboy, but my one attempt so far ended up with severe curls. :P That'll work, though, if my other attempt doesn't work any better.

One last thing, that I mentioned in a comment in my previous post. So, I will be meeting The Boy's parents in a week and a half at the latest. Yeah, you read that right...what will probably be my first encounter with The (Nice Jewish) Boy's parents is for dinner on the first night of Passover. Oh yeah, I'm nervous. But incredibly excited, too.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, I think that is awesome that he is including you in such a special "Family" holiday. I think that is major points to you kiddo! I hope we get hear all the details!

The Kitola said...

I'm excited! I got invited to join him on the next night, too, at a different family's house. Squee!

Met his dad last night, while I was taking care of The Boy after his laser eye surgery. He's a VERY nice man and kinda looks like my family doctor. :)