Monday, March 26, 2007

Glenn Miller Orchestra Event pictures

Spent too much time dancing the night away to get any really good pictures of the venue....but trust me, it was aMAZing. The swing dancing was on the hangar deck of the aircraft carrier, but you could go up to the flight deck and see parked planes as well as the lights of the city. It was cold and kinda foggy out, so while you could see the lights of the city from the flight deck, it definitely was chilly and damp.

There were so many people there, but it only ever actually felt crowded when attempting to watch the professional swing dancers and occasionally when on the dance floor (especially when you're like me and got stepped on by ladies' heels three times during the night. Owwies).

For my hair, I ended up doing a sort of "Dorothy Gale" ponytail thing for hair, instead of anything that was posted. It was simple, and it worked really well. So yay!

Here's a slide show of our pictures from the event. Enjoy! Oh, and see how The Boy doesn't have his glasses anymore? Hurrah for Lasik!



So yes, that was wonderfully fun. And we kept bumping into people that we knew from FNW and other places. Yay for good music, fun dancing, and fantabulous company.

On Sunday, there was kayaking in the morning -- first time EVER for me -- and it was SO much fun. I'm definitely feeling it today, though...my shoulders could definitely use a massage. It hurts in a good way, though, if that makes sense. We had a picnic lunch with my parentals, and in the evening took an impromptu lightrail ride down to downtown San Jose for dinner and wandering.

All in all, a fabulous weekend that I wouldn't trade for anything. A great kickoff to spring break. :)

No comments: