Saturday, March 03, 2007

I love surreal events!!

So last night, before heading over to FNW, The Boy and I stopped off at Stanford to participate in a friend's recording session.

See, this fella typically plays his music at a gelato place in downtown Palo Alto on Fridays, so twice a month we stop in to see him anyway. He's such a character! There's no way that I could describe him here and do it any justice....but essentially, the event was for a CD he's making called "Blues Kazoo"...where the music is all guitar, kazoo, and miscellaneous instruments (bike horns, train whistles, bells, and a siren whistle that I got to play).

Aside from us, there were two teenage boys who showed up and were REALLY into the whole thing, an older couple who was there at the beginning, and a fella who showed up later and left a bit early. There were a few "audience participation" numbers -- one with all of the misc. instruments where I had the siren whistle (a "perfect instrument for me," I've heard ;-) ), and another few where we played kazoo in the chorus or sang along. Hee, I was the only female person around for the sing-a-long stuff, so even though it's hard to find my individual kazooing...it's REALLY easy to pick out my voice in the songs. Oh! And one of the songs, at the end, you can hear me giggle. I'm kinda embarassed by it, but I've been told it's perfect and cute. So yay, then!

Can't wait to get my own CD of it....it's so going onto my iPod.

FNW was much fun, as always. Fun music -- though the tempos felt a little fuzzy for some of the dances -- and all in all it was great fun. I even got a Congress in, and dragged/lead through the Bohemian National Polka for the second time ever. The funny thing about that, is the time I finally NAILED the pivots....another dancing couple crashed into us. Ha! Ah well, such is life.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My Mom passed away on Tuesday Night. I will of course miss her but,she is at peace now, no more pain.

I put up a poem by Henry Van Dyke at my MySpace. Here is a link if you're interested. I always read your blog so turn about is fair play.

http://blog.myspace.com/linvero

The Kitola said...

That's a beautiful poem. So sorry for your loss. ::Hug::

Anonymous said...

Good words.