Friday, March 23, 2007

Friggin Laser Beams!

So on Wednesday, The Boy got Lasik surgery done. I drove him to and from the appointment, then played nurse for the poor boy. Once the anesthetic wore off, his eyes felt like they were burning and he was extremely light sensitive, so we kept all of the lights off in his condo. As if those weren't enough, his allergies had been bothering him and he'd been so tense during the procedure that he developed a combo sinus/tension headache....he was in so much pain at times that he would cling to me tightly and whimper. I wish there was more that I could've done to help with the pain.

After a few hours, his dad came by for dinner (read: pizza, because you can be temporarily blind and still handle it easily) and to see how The Boy was doing. I was a little nervous about it, when I knew he'd be dropping by, but it wasn't too hard at all. He was very nice, and it was probably good for me to meet at least ONE of them beforehand, so I don't feel like I just get dropped into a totally intimidating situation while only knowing The Boy.

Eventually, The Roommate came out of his cave and was social, and gave The Boy some asprin (to go with his Valium and Motrin) to help with all of the pain he was having. Thankfully, he felt better within a half hour to 45 minutes after taking those (the tea I made for us probably helped out a bit, too), and he was up for singing and even attempting to dance a bit. His eyes still felt a bit burny, but the Valium was helping him not care about it as much.

I didn't let him kick me out that night when he was going to bed, because I wanted to make sure he was alright in the morning. And while he was allowed to open his eyes, he was still pretty light sensitive and didn't feel up to trying to drive himself anywhere, so I drove him to his follow-up in the morning.

He worked from home yesterday, but overall is feeling better with every hour that passes. So that's very good...though it'll take some getting used to to see him without his glasses. Also, for him to get over his habits of adjusting glasses that he no longer needs. :)

(Oh, and The Boy says that his dad thought I was really nice. He said it was good PR for me to stick around and help him out so much. Well, what was I going to do, drive him home and drop him off?? I think not!)

No comments: