Saturday, December 16, 2006

Quick bit of entertainment

So, I went to a party last night with The Boy that his dance troupe was having. It was muuuuch fun. At one point, I was snuggled up next to him on a couch while he was next to two other people (CA - female, and GR - male) when this bit of conversation started up after we'd been settled there for about a half hour or more.

CA: So who is this lovely young lady to you?
Boy: This is Caity!
CA: And?
Boy: .....?
CA: Is she a friend or what?
Boy: ....::Nervous laugh:: Uh, don't think we've had that conversation ye-
GR: Put it this way, if we try to seduce her, would you be upset?
Boy: ::More nervous laugh:: Uh...why don't you ask her?
Me: Wait, they're going to ask me if you'd be upset if they try to seduce me? ::Grin::
Boy: Yes...no...Uh..::laugh:: Nevermind.
CA and GR: ::Snerk::
Boy: I need to go mingle again.
Me: ::Giggle::
GR: ::Is a massage therapist:: Ah, good! Caity, you stay here and let me massage the other arm, and we'll see how quickly he comes back.

It amused me. :) ALSO amusing, a bunch of these people had danced at my brother's Renaissance Themed wedding 5 years ago and I had apparently met them before. ::snerks::

In other news, I'm battling an annoying cold and it's making me cuddly feeling and semi grumpy that it's still around!

Okay, gotta git. Time to print out directions to the Dicken's Fair, take a shower, then go pick up my friend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,boy it's tough to find time to comment at this time of year. I've got to try harder! LOL

Sounds like things are progressing nicely between you and the Boy. I can barely remember that first moment when you had to define just what the relationship you're in really is. The good news is that you don't get to that point unless there's something to define! Good for the two of you!!!

Just in case I don't get a chance I wanted to wish you a very merry Christmas. Here's hoping you get everything you want from Santa. I know this year will be extra special with your new beau. Norm

The Kitola said...

Hehe, it's still not really defined....sure it will be sometime!

Happy Holidays to you, too! I'll be going over to The Boy's house on Christmas Eve for dinner, even though he had to cancel his Knishmas party this year.

Anonymous said...

Ohmagawd! I thought I recognized your pic on 20sknitters! Yep, hi from CA in your story! :o) I'll friend you rightaway! (but please don't use my real name online) Yay! Another friendly knitter!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh yeah, and here's to foot-in-mouth syndrome! :o)

The Kitola said...

::Cackle!:: Hi! Wow, someone from the real world found me.

I make it a point not to use real names aside from mine....and my ex's, since he made himself a semi-public image when he worked on TechTV. If you have a nickname you'd like, if I ever refer to you again, lemme know. :)