Friday, December 29, 2006

Most fun I've had in awhile!

Long story short: Impromptu ice skating outings with The Boy and two other friends of ours (a total of my three favorite boys who go/went to Celtic Night on Thursdays!) = SO much win. :D

Long Story:Even though I kinda suck at it, crashed into the wall multiple times, and had some pretty interesting near-wipeouts. At least I got slightly better with time. Time to add ice skating to my list of activities that I enjoy doing, even though I'm no good at them! Right up there with laser tag, mini-golf, and bowling (bet you don't know anyone else who spent a game getting strikes every time she fell on her rear!). Hehee....The Boy snickered at me when I said "It's a good thing I enjoy doing the things I suck!"

Heh, discovered in the shower this morning that one of my wall collisions left a bruise on my knee. I shouldn't be surprised, my knees are prone to bruising.

Best part from the outing: When I was taking a 5 minute break from skating (the right skate was angering my poor foot's big toe joint :( ), I spent the whole time leaning on the railing outside of the outdoor skating rink to watch my friends go by. Every time The Boy came past, he slowed down to deliver a drive-by kiss, wink, and skate off again.

Stayed there till it closed (midnight), then hit up a resturaunt/bar so we could warm up, get some hot drinks in us. Cue another comment from me: "I'm just glad to get something hot in me" and much snickering from the rest of the group. The Boy's amused that I'm making double entendre comments now. O:-)

Spent the night at The Boy's....again. It was the second night in a row. Wednesday, he invited me out for dinner and hanging out, but he picked me up at home and I forgot my keys, so was going to be locked out if he dropped me off at home. Neither of us complained about that arrangement, though.

Ear Update!
This'll be the last of these until something "interesting" happens, or I can suddenly hear again.

Went to the doctor today and got my ear looked at again. He was very impressed with the fact that the ear's almost 100% healed, aside from the fluid that's trapped in there still. It'll probably be there for 2-3 more weeks (ugh!!) and told me to keep up with my sudafed and gave me some nasal spray which, I guess, is supposed to help as well. Sinuses are sinuses, after all.

Over all, it doesn't feel like there's glue or jell-o in my ear anymore -- unless I stupidly drop my head below my heart, like when bending over to wrap my hair in a towel or something. I feel pretty much normal!

Well. As normal as I can get. ;)

No comments: