Saturday, December 02, 2006

Crank Callers can go to HELL

So, at Friday Night Waltz. I was already kinda edgy because I had to park somewhere new and find the new venue (which was a lot smaller than the usual place...talk about traffic jams during the waltzes!), and new areas make me just a little tense.....even if I've been in the area before.

So, cue the phone buzzing in my pocket. It says restricted, but I dart outside to answer it anyway. All of the conversation here is essentially paraphrased.

Me: Hello?
Them: Yes, I'm from Victoria's Secret and I'm calling to confirm an order that was given.
Me: ...Uh, I don't know what you're talking about.
Them: I'm going to find you and rape you and then I'm going to kill you and-
Me: ::WTF....HANGS UP::

I then went inside and gave a hug to the first friend I saw, one of the DJs who's really big and intimidating when he wants to be. Told him I just had a scary call and then my phone buzzed again.

Him: Lemme answer it!
Me: Be my guest. ::Hands over the cell::
Him: Hello?.............No, wrong number. Yeah, you do that. ::hangs up::
Me: ::Holds out hand to take phone back::
Him: They're going to call back. They said that your daughter made an order.
Me: ::WTF:: Um.....I don't have one.
Him: Yeah, and they said they'll try again.
Phone: ::BUZZ::
Him: Ohhhh goodie! ::Answers, switches from happy voice to "you will NOT fuck with this person" voice:: Yeah, you really do have the wrong number. Nobody here made any orders, so -- ::pause:: --Yeah, this is a crank call, and if you call back again I will star-sixty-nine you and then the police will deal with you. ::Hangs up::
Me: What'd they say?
Him: ::Gives phone back:: "Now listen here young man, I think I should know what I'm talking about"....and their voice started cracking.

They didn't call back after that, thank goodness, and he was all gloaty about how intimidating he is. Heh. And yea, I know it was probably just some punk kids, but it wigged me out enough so that I wasn't having as much fun as I should've been having. Plus, my worst-case-senario paranoia kicked in and as I was leaving I kept looking behind me to make sure no one was following me....and when I got in my car, first thing I did was lock all the doors. Half the drive back I checked the rearview mirror constantly, too.

I'm doing a bit better now that I'm home. Still uneasy, though. I need a great big bear hug.

Well. Tomorrow will be better. And busy!

1 comment:

The Kitola said...

Yeah, I am. I've been on cloud nine pretty much since Saturday night/Sunday morning.