Thursday, December 21, 2006

General updating

Chinese Style Chicken Noodle Soup = Yummeh!
Feeling generally pathedic due to a cold = Lose.
Cold going away the next day = Yay!
Getting a SEVERE ear infection that was full of CRIPPLING EAR PAIN the next day? = TOTAL lose.

Went to the doctor, where the response was pretty much "Wow! Can my student get a look at this?" Yay for being interesting. It hurt sooooo bad......seriously, I started crying multiple times due to the pain. Got a perscription for Vicodin and some antibiotics. Ended up having two vicodin yesterday, total, as well as my antibiotics and sudafed.....and felt like I was going to throw up by the time I went to bed. So, of course, I opted to not have any more pills, aside from the sudafed, when I went to bed.

I actually managed to sleep the WHOLE NIGHT. Without the vicodin! Woot!! And today I'm feeling MUCH better. Still somewhat achey, and my ear feels like it's still got some cotton in it or something, but SO MUCH BETTER than yesterday. Hopefully, the pain won't come back and I won't need to ask for a ride to The Dell for Celtic Night.

Tomorrow, I'm preeeeetty sure I'll be going to a folk music thing in Berkley with The Boy. :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My dear,I think this may be the third or fourth Christmas we share. I hope you feel so much better by the time you read this, and I hope you and the 'Boy' are on course to have a wonderful 2007. It's a lifetime ago since G4 brought me to your blog but I've had fun commenting ever since. I hope your Christmas is wonderful and your 2007 lives up to every expectation you can imagine. I'll keep reading as long as you keep posting. For both of us I hope there are many years ahead. Happy Holidays,Norm.

The Kitola said...

Wow, was it really that long? I still find it hard to believe that I've been broken up with Joey for about a year.

I'm feeling better....generally. Everything except for the fact that I can hear virtually nothing on my right side due to the ear pressure and I guess there's still fluid in there. None of my "ear popping" tricks work. :( It's highly frustrating.

Have a wonderful end of 2006, Norm. I've enjoyed having you around here. :)