Tuesday, December 26, 2006

Happy Knishmas/Christmas! (LOTS to read here)

Hope you readers had a good few days of holiday. Tell me all about what you've done!

As for me, let's sum up the past few days:

Dec 22, Folk Music in Berkley!
Yes, I did go to the Folk Music event in Berkley with The Boy. It was a LOT of fun! Got to hear lots of songs that I didn't know, a few that made me giggle non-stop (particularly the one about the pickles.....I really want the lyics! I bet my brother would love it).

Oh, I also gave him the gift I knitted for him. You can see it in my Craft Blog.

Dec 24 (dubbed "Knishmas Eve" by The Boy)
Family came over at around 1:00, which resulted in putting my brother, sister, and sister-in-law to work decorating cookies before they could have lunch. Eventually, all of the cookies were painted and everyone was fed, and we had lots of chatting and merriment. Niece got picked up from work at 3:30 and came here, which was when we opened presents and stockings. LOTS of fun, as always. :) That day, I got:

- Interchangable Knitting needles (parents)
- 3 DVDs from my sister: Beyond the Sea, Pirates of the Caribbean 2, and The Da Vinci Code.
- Lots of entertaining random things in my stocking from various family members.

A quarter to 5:00, and I went over to The Boy's place for dinner. Three other people ended up showing up, so there was a total of 6 of us there (including The Boy's curent houseguest)....one of which I've known as long as The Boy, one I've known through Friday Night Waltz for awhile, and the other person who showed up I'd met once before. Remember when I mentioned The Boy and his "Friend Of The Same Name" in October? That was him. :)

Dinner consisted of Brisket, mashed potatoes, muffins (made by your's truly), greenbeans, and fruit compote. It was all VERY yummy -- except for the pineapple sparkling wine. That stuff shouldn't exist! Anyway, after dinner, the only other female and myself washed/dried the dishes....she feels in her element while washing, and I love feeling useful while drying things, so it worked out. Once the table was cleared, we played about 5 rounds of "Fluxx"....which is a card game that consists of changing the rules constantly until someone somehow wins. It's fun!

Game over, there was dessert. Strawberry Rhubarb Pie. Mmmmmm. Then we moved The Boy's 24 inch Mac into the main room and watched 2 DVDs. First up was "Party Monster"....very odd. Never seen Seth Green and Macauly Culkin dressed in drag before. It was interesting, a little depressing due to the movie content. After that came "Cannibal! The Musical"....MUCH lighter and highly entertaining. Personally, the best part about watching these movies was when The Boy tugged me over to cuddle on his beanbag chair with him part way through the first one, and I got to stay settled there throughout the second one.

Everyone else left after the movies, at about 1:00, but I stayed until a little after 3:00. I really wish I had stayed the whole night, since I was invited to, but there was the family obligation of Christmas morning, and he understood that.

Dec. 25, Christmas Day
Typical events of the morning. Wait for everyone to be awake and functional before emptying out the Santa stockings. HOLY CRAP those socks hold a lot. Don't ask for specifics, I don't even remember what all I got from the sock alone.

After breakfast, which was actually cooked and served to the family -- it's the only year that we don't fend for ourselves for breakfast -- we opened the gifts under the tree. For the curious, here's the haul:

-The world's most comfortable swing dance shoes! (I'm really excited about these, and the next thing)
-A super cute/comfy/fun black and red swing dancey dress (Now I need a reason to wear these things!)
-Sterling Silver earlings shaped like garlic cloves (randomness FTW!)
-A really nice knitting bag to carry projects in
-"Handknit Holidays"....a pattern book full of wintery patterns for all holidays, not just Christmas specific. :D
-Clothing. Black slacks, which I needed, two waaaaarm soft fuzzy sweatery things, and a pink/black light weight wind breaker. Good for hiking! Now I need to go hiking, too. ;)
-A Jewelry box to hold all of the earrings I've been acquiring
-A very cool chemise/blouse thing that's loooong, but also able to be worn with jeans and without a bodice. Kinda fancy-ish.
-A dress that is very....odd. It's purple, black, it's kinda like a witchy dress....would be great for a Wicked Witch or Elpheba costume, or for FNW's Waltz Macabre. I don't have much reason to wear it, but it's kinda spiffy. Like a Wednesday Adams party dress. :P
-A stuffed Holy Hand Grenade from Monty Python's Holy Grail, as well as the cute and cuddly bunny with Big Nasty Pointy Teeth!

Whew.

After gifts, I realized I had nowhere in my room to put my totally rocking swing dance shoes.....so I spent about 2 hours cleaning my room. I ended up with 3 bags of trash that weighed around 50 pounds at least....probably due to the amount of Archie comics I'm tossing. There's also two bags that have shoes (good condition), clothes, and various little toys that I'm going to be tossing off to Goodwill.

The one really sucky thing of the day was when I checked SJSU's website to find that my classes for next semester had been dropped due to lack of payment.....when the website hadn't sent me any e-mails to tell me that my account had notifications on it. ARGH. On the 2nd (first day the offices are open), my mom and I are going down to straighten it out......hopefully, I can get those classes back.

Other things:
- Have a Doctor's appointment to get my ear looked at again on Friday, just to make sure it's doing okay. It doesn't hurt anymore, but it feels like my ear has been used as a Jell-O mold. Hopefully the fluid trapped in there is going to drain soon....it's very annoying! I'll update on the ear after the appointment.

- I'm going to a New Year's Party with The Boy and his houseguest/roommate. :D Looking forward to it...I've never been to a proper New Year's Party.

- Going to a Wassail party hosted by a friend who does the Irish Dancing bi-monthly that I go to. Will be carpooling with The Boy to get there.

- To anyone curious, yes I've talked to Joey recently. The videos still aren't done, he's stressed out and depressed and has been put on "enough antidepressants to make Eeyore chipper," and says that he probably won't be talking to me anymore after the videos are done. He says that he "can't be around happy people right now" and that the fact that I'm seeing someone again is, apparently, having an affect on the guy. I feel bad for him....I really wish that he wasn't surrounded by drama, and that we could still be friends.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, sounds like you had a whirlwind of fun over the Holiday. I'm glad you're feeling better. Ear infections are bad, keep your ear dry and be careful they can effect your equilibrium and give you a bad case of the spins or vertigo. It's too bad Joey doesn't want to be friends, you are moving on. It seems like you are doing it the right way, staying busy with positive activities and good friends, like "The Boy" Happy New Year!

The Kitola said...

Yeah, The Boy almost didn't let me go home on Christmas Eve, because when I was trying to put my shoes back on...I kept tipping to one side or the other, thanks to my balance being thrown off by my ear! If I'd been any tippier, I would've given up on driving home that night...even though it's only 5 minutes if I hit no red lights.