Friday, September 22, 2006

Yarr, a Belated Update.

So, how did I celebrate my "Talk Like A Pirate Day," you ask? Why, I went and put holes in my head - of course!!

See, for a year or so my friend B-Bear and I have had this sort of "Well, if you do it then I'll do it" thing when it came to getting ears pierced. And, well....ever since Cinderella ended, I've been feeling incredibly "girly." Anyone who knows me knows that this is odd behavior for me, as I'm typically a fairly big tomboy. While I'm still fond of rough-housing and everything, I've had an urge to be all....girly! Heck, I've even been hoping for an excuse to wear my purty blue dress that's been in my closet for a bit.

Well, long story short (too late, I know)...B-Bear and I went to Valley Fair mall specifically to get my ears done. Of course, as soon as we got to the place I started to become a total coward. Cue a substantial amount of hemming and hawing over the decision. What was the cure for this? He went first, of course.....I couldn't NOT do it then! It hurt about as much as I expected, but now it's pretty much fine. :D

Now I have a whole new world of accessories open to me! Well....in 4-6 weeks, I will. Right now, I've got to clean and twist it every day and keep it in. Talk about WEIRD.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

IN OTHER NEWS:
I've auditioned for The Wizard Of Oz at the Jewish Community Center, and I've got callbacks on Tuesday with my mom. She thinks they want me to be Dorothy or something. I'd be a freakin' OLD Dorothy! I'll keep y'all posted on how that goes.

4 comments:

wolfman2001 said...

Congrats,it looks great! Just be sure to turn it and take care of it. Infections suck and can really ruin the experience.
Good luck on the call back. BTW,you are NOT too old to play Dorothy!!!!

The Kitola said...

Yep, the place I got it done gave care instructions and cleaning solution to do twice a day, and I give the earrings a turn after I wash my hands and after I clean my earwound (so....fairly often).

Considering Dorothy's *supposed* to be about eight years old, I'm waaaay too old. :P

wolfman2001 said...

Eight? Boy,the movie got it way wrong.

The Kitola said...

Yah, Judy Garland was 17 I think at the time....and nearly got replaced by Shirley Temple. Can you even IMAGINE that??