Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Huge WTF and even bigger ARGH!!!

An e-mail the pastor at our church sent out to everyone on the Theater Group's Board e-mail.

"After much discussion and consideration, the Session voted the
following:
"To suspend the operations of the Shoestring Theatre Company pending
an investigation by Session reassessing its purposes and practices, and
to create an investigative committee to address the Shoestring Theatre
issues." "




You can't blame the theater company as a whole for one disturbed individual! ::Fume roar.....and most of all cry:: I don't want Cinderella to have been our final show...I hope they won't axe us for good....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to see that my last post finally went through. I think it was Monday or so when I posted it. I usually check back once a day or so,just to see if there was any reply,but it just kept showing 0 comments. Odd!

As far as your church theatre company goes, I find it strange that a church that's progressive enough to have their own company wouldn't be willing to put up with a little drama. (I really didn't mean that as a pun!) I hope they let your group carry on the tradition. Just don't plan on Godspell as your next production!

I'll let you know how the festival was after Saturday! Norm

The Kitola said...

The higher ups at the church never really cared for the theater company, I think. ::huff::

We'd already done Godspell, actually. It was soooo fun.

Anonymous said...

Jesus Christ Superstar? Life of Brian? I'm sure we can come up with something to twist thier knickers!