Wednesday, February 09, 2005

Quick update before classes

STC, the Shoestring Theater Company, had a meeting last night to see what show we'll be doing this coming summer. There were 4 shows on the list for this year: Seussical, Into the Woods, Cinderella, and Bye Bye Birdie.

The first to the chopping block was Cinderella, since last year we did "A Little Princess"....it was too much princess-ness in a row.

Second up, after a lot of debating, was Bye Bye Birdie. Mainly, because we couldn't garuntee that we would have someone to play Conrad Birdie, who's effectively a spoof of Elvis and Conway Twitty (Don't think I spelled his name right).

Finally, it was down to Seussical and Into the Woods. Both are shows that I would LOVE to do. Seussical is effectively an opera, but is SO fun (I've seen it)....and Into the Woods has music that's incredibly difficult, but a part that I would adore to play someday (The Witch). There was a lot of talk deciding between these two, until it started to seem like everyone was leaning more toward Seussical for various reasons.

So, The Shoestring Theater Company's summer production for 2005 is:

(Drumroll please)



Background: STC is a theater company that my parents started 9 years ago. I've participated in 8 shows by acting, 4 by doing the choreography. Both of those numbers are including this coming show.

ANYway.

Here's the list of shows we've done in the past, and the parts I've played:

Sound of Music -- None
Oliver -- Charlotte
Annie -- Lily St. Regis
Godspell -- Gilmer
Wizard of Oz -- Hanah/Scarecrow
HONK! -- The Tom Cat
Peter Pan -- Peter Pan
Little Princess -- Miss Minchin

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My God girl,you have an interesting and talented family! I'd have to agree with your choice of Seussical. I've seen the show and I think it's great.Break a leg! Norm