Friday, April 20, 2007

A Quiet Weekend

The Boy is down in L.A. this weekend, to record his grandpa's oral history. See, his grandpa has inoperable cancer in his neck, and The Boy wanted to get his history down before it's too late. He's been scanning in photos and pictures of family objects so that, with his interviewing that he's going to get done, he will be able to put together a DVD so that all members of the family will have access to the important pictures and stories -- instead of having them all split up among the different members. It's a GREAT idea and I totally support it.

Besides, it allows me some time to get much needed work done on my school papers. I've got one due on Monday (finished it), one a week from Monday (started it), and one a week from Wednesday. Fwoof! Guess I ought to get back to work.

This weekend will consist of Friday Night Waltz tonight, and lots of paper writing...so that I can go play NEXT weekend when The Boy is back in town. :)

Here's a couple of pictures from the anniversary party we went to last week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a great looking couple!

I'm sorry to hear about his Grandfather, I'm sure it means a lot to him to have his Grandson to take this interest in his life and to memorialize it this way for the whole family.

The Kitola said...

Thanks.

Just got a call from The Boy, and his grandfather passed away this morning. :( He's driving back up and I'm going to go keep him company this evening.

Anonymous said...

Oh Dear, my sincerest condolences. I hope he got to spend a little time with him before he passed. Take Care.
Hugs-Linda

The Kitola said...

He did. He even got 3 hours of interviewing done with his grandfather during his five days in L.A....so some of his project, along with 400+ photographs he's gathered, has been done. He's very glad he went down there, but is sad that any history that wasn't covered in the interview is lost now.

As his uncle put it, "another generation put to rest."