Saturday, February 17, 2007

Mmmm....Good Day...

Last night, I went out to Friday Night Waltz with The Boy. Not a lot of people were there, since most of them went to the Stanford Ball, I guess. So there was a lot of space on the dance floor, which meant lots of creative dancing. Listening to "Barbie Girl" in German is just.....highly bizarre! Oh, and having about four people hovering around me and staring at my torso in an attempt to translate the Spanish poem that was printed on my shirt was VERY entertaining.

After a long night of sleeping and snuggling on The Boy, we had breakfast this morning and I darted home to change and grab some things before we headed out to Santa Cruz for the day. It was just GORGEOUS out there, the temprature was up in the 70's. I've never actually just wandered around downtown Santa Cruz before, and it's a lovely place. It's just....charming! And there was also sooo many street performers playing their instruments and whatnot, and my two personal favorites were The Great Morgani and a family playing bluegrass music together -- two teen boys, a mom, and either an elderly looking dad or a grampa. I really think that all downtowns ought to be like that.

The Boy did keep getting phonecalls from work, due to more shit hitting the fan, and he felt sooo bad about having to be on the phone while I was around. He was feeling so bad about it after the first long phone call (we were at a coffee/tea house, so I just sipped my tea and read my Neil Gaiman book while he did work -- because really, what can ya do?) that I had to get up and give him a good hug around the neck and shoulders. He felt a bit better after that. He really doesn't want to be one of the people who does work stuff while out with others....as he put it, he doesn't want work to be intruding on the things that are really important.

All in all, we had a really good day. We danced to the music of the street performers, we sat and I leaned against him while he sang a few of his favorite songs (I joined in whenever I knew the words), we had dinner at a seafood restaurant on the wharf, then he bought us each a chocolate dipped strawberry for desert. Very fun to be fed those things in the dark.

He kept thanking me for the day, too, and told me that today would've sucked if it weren't for me. It's true, too...he would've stayed home and been sucked into work drama, and I know he needed the weekend and some joyful company. I'm all too happy to provide that service. I love listening to him sing, and it was just so nice to spend the whole day walking and holding hands. Le sigh. :)

Alright, I'm going to give him a quick call and then head to bed. Tomorrow's hike was called off, due to The Boy having more work stuff happening. He hopes to be done by mid-day, though, and he'll give me a call so we can go play and he can get relaxation in before he has to leave to go BACK to Florida on Monday. Poor guy...he really hates not being able to follow through on his plans, and work has been causing him to do that a lot this month.

21 comments:

Anonymous said...

order xanax xanax bars 56 65 - buy xanax overnight delivery

Anonymous said...

valium online valium diazepam same thing - drug interactions valium vicodin

Anonymous said...

ambien online purchase ambien music for sale - taking half ambien pill

Anonymous said...

generic xanax xanax quotes - xanax side effects insomnia

Anonymous said...

ativan sale ativan dosage canada - ativan dose to get high

Anonymous said...

diazepam 10 mg buy diazepam online no prescription - diazepam 1 mg

Anonymous said...

buy ativan ativan withdrawal taper - lorazepam 1mg children

Anonymous said...

lorazepam no prescription ativan withdrawal nausea - ativan liquid

Anonymous said...

xanax antidepressant xanax effects testosterone - xanax side effects drugs.com

Anonymous said...

ativan medication ativan lorazepam overdose - generic form ativan

Anonymous said...

ativan online buy ativan without rx - ativan side effects itching

Anonymous said...

alprazolam online can you order xanax online - 1mg xanax get high

Anonymous said...

order ambien online no prescription ambien jokes - ambien side effects fda

Anonymous said...

buy valium online street price of valium 10mg - chinese valium sale

Anonymous said...

generic valium valium generic - buy valium cheap no prescription

Anonymous said...

Blogger: My own little corner, my own little chair. - Post a Comment generic prednisolone - order prednisone http://www.ourdailybreadmarket.net/#order-prednisone

Anonymous said...

Hi, MoxoredapeTox order sibutramine online - sibutramine without prescription http://www.amaryllisgarden.com/#sibutramine-without-prescription

Anonymous said...

advitleva cheap seroquel online - cheap quetiapine http://www.seroqueldiscounts.com/

Anonymous said...

ooo!!! Topamax Online - order topamax http://www.topamaxbestonline.net/#generic-topiramate, [url=http://www.topamaxbestonline.net/#generic-topiramate]Order Topamax[/url]

Anonymous said...

g, cheap plavix 75 mg - plavix drug http://www.plavixonlineorder.com/#plavix-drug , [url=http://www.plavixonlineorder.com/#buy-clopidogrel ]buy clopidogrel [/url]

Anonymous said...

imitrex for sale - order imitrex http://www.imitrexbenefits.net/, [url=http://www.imitrexbenefits.net/]imitrex cost[/url]