Sunday, December 25, 2005

Christmastime

Merry Christmas to everyone! I hope you all have had a wonderful time this season with the ones you love. Yesterday there was happy familiness (except for my poor sister-in-law who was sick, and my sister's husband who had to work). We had much fun with our typical Chinese food lunch and gift opening, including the stocking stuffers we got for everyone.

Around 8:00 I went off to see a movie with Joey, but since he was sick and I was exhausted (spent the past two days up until 4 AM roleplaying with B-Bear), we called it a night there. Also, since Amazon apparently hadn't sent my gift yet (it was ordered on the 22nd), he didn't want to get his yet. Oookay then.

I called B-Bear to see if he wanted to go hang out at Denny's or something so I could get a salad, since my parents were out to dinner/Christmas Eve Churchness...but ended up having pancakes and peanut butter. Woot? Heh. Twas good and melty peanut buttery..

This morning was veeeery relaxing. We gave the dogs and cat their Christmas Stockings full of fun new toys, and I think my favorite part of today was watching Roxie tear around the house with a toy that had feathers sticking out of it. She liked to grab it and chuck it about a yard away and then leap ontop of it.

Well, since everyone seems to post their "hauls" this time of year, here's mine.

Excluding the lots and lots of awesome randomness from my stocking, here's what I've gotten:

-Lots and lots of warm shirts/sweaters
-New set of flannel PJs
-Two pairs of jeans with AWESOME patterns on them
-Video Game: Shadow the Hedgehog (which my parents say was supposed to be Kingdom Hearts 2, but the release date was pushed back until April. Bleh!)
-A really nice brass Irish Whistle
-A GPS system for my car (Yay no more getting lost!)
-Seasons 1 and 2 of Monk....I already have Season 1, so I'll try to exchange it for 3 instead.
-A shirt that says "Geek is Sexy"
-A necklace with a d20 in it YAY! You can see it at Think Geek
-PostSecret (the book version of Post Secret which updates every Sunday)

In other news: I got my grades from last Semester!
Motivation in Children: B+
Development of Human Potential: B+
Modern Dance: A
Step Aerobics: A
Other Child Development class I've forgotten the name for: B+

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Pretty good Christmas haul! Nice to hear a more positive tone in your post. Hope you spend lots of quality time "playing" with your new toys. LOL

Congrats on the grades! You'll be ready to start working with kids like my son before you know it.;-)

Big plans for New Years Eve? Norm

The Kitola said...

Naw....I don't have any plans for New Year's Eve. Last year I had dinner with my parents since Joey wasn't in town....this year there seems to be an elephant in the room whenever we're together. Heh. Besides, I bet he's going to be back in L.A.

I was thinking of going to The Gaslighter for their New Year's Eve show...but I think it's too late to get in. May go see King Kong or something. *shrug*

Anonymous said...

At least you're not working 7am-7pm on New Years Eve and Night. Count yourself lucky. I can't even have a toast at midnight!