Sunday, September 18, 2005

Pissy tired ranting time. YAY.

I really want to go to the Scottish Games over with my brother and his wife next Saturday. Unfortunately, I have a Gaslighter show. Snarl.

I wasn't even supposed to be doing the shows this time around. I said I'd be willing to understudy. Fleh. Anyway, last week I went to return the CD I borrowed from the director, and we had the following conversation.

Mark: CAITY!!
Me: *Squeak*
Mark: I'm so glad to see you! I lost my cell phone and don't have your number. YOU HAVE A SHOW NEXT WEEK.
Me: ....buh?
Mark: What's your cell phone number?
Me: ......Uh...*gives*
Mark: *programs* GREAT! See you next week!! *leaves*
Me: ....*looks at dad* Don't I have a cast party that day?
Dad: Yes. Yes you do.
Me: Shit.

ANYway....the show was canceled so that we could have a rehearsal, since apparently there'd been NONE AT ALL for ANYONE. And we have a new person. AND....and they're changing the audience number and adding another one in. I don't know what either of them are, and when I left the rehearsal for the cast party they were still arguing over what the audience number was going to be.

Don't even get me started on the rehearsal. The highlight was when I got to glare/beat up on the guy playing Sterling Worth, the hero. He said he was gonna go see Seussical, and he'd gotten at least two flyers. He did not go, though.

Sterling: *spots me, beams, waves*
Me: *Death Glare +5*
Sterling: ....I'm sorry I missed it! *flee*

Aside from that, the cast party was fine. I got to get lots and lots of hugs from one of the Mr. Mayor guys, who gives the best hugs I've EVER had. Nice strong grampa-like hugs. Let's see, got to tell my story about crashing into the sign to a bunch of folk, same with the bit I just told above about returning the CD to the Gaslighter.

So yes. I'm pissy that I won't get to see my brother, his wife, or the band that I've gotten friendly with that's going to be playing there. Grr. Growl. Other disgruntled noises.

Also, I won't have my car back until sometime next week.

And now, to bed.

No comments: