Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Fan-fucking-tastic

Yes, I should be at school. No, I'm not. Why? Lord, where do I begin...

Okay. I was all set to go to my classes. 7:30 and I'm in the car, ready to go to SJSU. Turn on the engine and defroster, because the window was foggy. No worries, it's usually fine by the time I get to Campbell Ave. and even then, it's not a big problem.

Key word: Usually.

Today, it was not going to defrost. In fact, when I got to Campbell Ave. I discovered that, lo and behold! I can't see a fucking thing! Thank you, cursed sun, for BLINDING me. Okay, don't panic too much....I just need to get onto a side street so that I won't cause an accident. So, there I am, pulling over to the side of the road and crawling along at 20 mph or less. Since I can't see out the front, I'm relying on the curb to guide me to a corner I can turn at.

WHAM!!

Cracked right into a "DO NOT BLOCK INTERSECTION" sign. Freaked the fuck out, threw on my hazzard lights and panicked in the car. Called mom, called AAA, got out to investigate the damage. Eventually, a few strangers came to see if I was alright. One of which gave me a hug and stuck around until a cop came to take a report. Called AAA again to make a claim, went to where my car got towed (I apparently knocked the passenger side front wheel back so that I can't drive it correctly yet), went to the Auto Body shop to fill out stuff there. Bleh.

Just got home. Mom's picking up the rental car (she's going to use it and I'm gonna use the "truck") and on her way home, too. We'll see how it goes from there.

Damn. It's not even 9:30 yet. This is gonna be a fun day...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awwww....Caity...

*hug*

Feel Better, Damnit!

Anonymous said...

I share your pain. Been there,done that. Try not to let it bring you down! Norm