Sunday, December 19, 2004

My Daily Adventure!

Mom and I were off to get one of our dogs a new collar (she's slipped it twice already), and as we were going down the street we saw two small fuzzy dogs. It was a fairly busy street, so we pulled over and decided to see if we could find their owners.

Well, these two pomerainians (I can't spell for the life of me, they're now being called "Poms") decided I was not someone they wanted to hang with, and barked at me for half an hour while my mom checked around the neighboring houses. No one was home. The dogs did run up to a house and paw at the door, but no one was there either. For a lack of anything else to do, we decided we should call the Humane Society.

While mom was on the phone with them, the dogs finally got tired of barking at me and came over to visit. Once they were calm, they were very sweet! The smaller tri-colored one climbed onto my lap, while the blonde would keep it's eyes half-closed while I visited with him.

We finally got through voice mail hell and understood we'd have to take the sweet things to the humane society ourselves, or keep them at our house (and we couldn't do that...our pets would hate us for that one). So, into the back of the Rodeo they went and we drove on down.

The woman at the Humane Society told us that they'd hold onto them for the owners to come get them for five days, and if they didn't the dogs would be put up for adoption. Since they were obviously very sweet and freshly groomed (the owner obviously loves these dogs), we were told they'd probably have no problems getting a home or at least a breed rescue to take them.

On our way home, we stopped at the house and I asked a neighbor who was home if they knew where those little dogs might live. She agreed that they probably were at the house they pawed at to get in. SO. I wrote a note and left it on the door that the dogs were found and at the Humane Society for safe keeping, and left a number for them to call.

Whew. What a day. Anyway, here's a picture of the two little darlings. Click on it for a bigger version.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

they're so cute

-bigmac1989

The Kitola said...

They are DARLING. And some of the sweetest dogs I've ever met--when they weren't barking.

Checked out the note status, and it wasn't there anymore. Hopefully the pups are back home.