Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's already a busy year!

Why yes, I have been seeing The Boy nearly every day this year so far, why do you ask? :D

Wednesday, I baked cookies and went over to The Boy's house later on with about half of them to hang out and watch Mirrormask. VERY cool movie.

Thursday, the Wizard of Oz rehearsals started again and holy crap I'd almost forgotten how disorganized and repetative they are. Yargh. Was supposed to meet up with The Boy and our whistle playing friend (Um...I shall dub him Whistles for here) and sing bawdy sea shanties, but the friend didn't show. So instead, I went over and just hung out for a quiet evening of poking at his computer, learning a few folk tunes, and getting some knitting done.

Friday had Friday Night Waltz, YAY, and that was fun as always. Whistles came with The Boy and I for his very first FNW event, and I'm pretty certain he enjoyed it. Didn't do as much dancing as I normally do, though, since I kept getting really dizzy/nauseous really easily for some reason.....probably had to do with dinner, since The Boy was having the same problem. Even with that, though, we ended up getting home from the dance event after 2 AM and crashing for the night.

Today (Saturday), we went Wassailing. A big ol' party group of folk, some people from the Wednesday Irish Dancing that The Boy and I do and others who are from a Morris Dance Troupe that we know all got together to do 6 "home invasions." Essentially, we went around to these houses, sang our wassail song, got fed food, did (or watched) some Morris Dancing, and went to the next house. So, our party was pretty much like locusts....but it spawned parties for the people who we invaded, so that was fun! I just got home from that, and whew am I tired. And full. I've been fed total crap all day today, except for the breakfast I had at The Boy's.

(Also, hi, sharing showers is fun and friendly)

Anyway. The Boy is hiking tomorrow, but I'm not going. It's a 20 mile hike, and while it sounds like a good one....I don't have that much stamina for hiking yet, and I have another Wizard of Oz rehearsal to attend tomorrow.

1 comment:

wolfman2001 said...

What a year you seem to be having! I'm really quite thrilled for you. It's about time the Kitola found her own Tomtola! LOL

The boy reminds me a bit of myself in my younger days. I use to love to hike and often did 20 mile plus hikes. Now my longest is the five mile loop we walk called the Laurel Marsh trail. Someday I will get a chance to hike out in your neck of the woods. I just hope it's before I need the wheelchair trails.

I will make it my mission to comment as often as possible this year. I don't want to get left out of your good times! LOL Norm