Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Well, I'll be jiggered

So. Two years ago, I went to a local vaudeville/melodrama theater and dropped off a card that had my info on it. Name, phone number, and that I was interested in doing their shows if they ever needed the help. Never heard from them again.

This afternoon/evening, my cell phone starts ringing. It's a restricted call, so I assume it's my acting class partner calling to see if we can meet up sometime.

Nope.

It's a representitve for the vaudeville theater. Apparently, they're short handed and were wondering if I was still interested. So hey, why not? Told them I'd come down Friday evening. I'll get to talk with the owner, and I guess they're gonna give me a script or something. Woo auditions!

Also: My mom got a call from "The Broadway of Elementary Schools" today. They're apparently interested in having mom and I do their shows. Holy crap. We're talking, like, third through fifth grade kids doing things like SEUSSICAL or any other type of harder, more adult show. They're not even thinking of like "Annie Jr."...they'll do "Annie" instead. Wow.

They better pay good. I hear they're damn awful to their hired help. :P

No comments: