Monday, January 14, 2008

My Weekend!

Friday: Okay, I was feeling really crappy during the day on Friday, but thankfully my mood managed to get lifted eventually. I grabbed some lunch at a local chinese place, but it apparently was too spicy or something, because my digestive system decided to make me incredibly burpy and uncomfortable. I couldn't even enjoy all of the yummy turkey burger sandwiches that My Man made for dinner. We went for a walk after sitting for a bit, which helped with my stomach a bit, and picked up some DVDs to watch. We got back and popped in Spiderman 3, which neither of us had seen yet.....and I gotta say: I'm SO glad we saw it at home rather than in a theater. I kept wanting to punch the characters in the noses for doing dumb things. Hehe.

Saturday: After a good night's sleep, I felt 100 times better on Saturday morning. After (eventually) getting out of bed, we grabbed some food and set off to the Berkley Wassail. We ended up getting there at about 2 pm, which was in time to say hi at the stop and head off to the next one. I have no complaints with singins and snacking pretty much all day long, and we met some new people that were quite fun to torment. I mean torment in a nice way, of course. :) After we hung out at the last stop for awhile, we went to Saturday(Friday) Night Waltz for the first time. It was fun, though I think I prefer the Friday Night Waltz in Palo Alto. Maybe it just feels more like home. :)

Sunday: Get up at about 9, have some breakfast, throw ourselves together, and out into the world we go to hike at Pinnacles! I had never been, so it was quite an adventure to me. The weather was GREAT...about 60-something throughout the day while we were doing most of the hike. We hiked about 8-9 miles, I guess, but we also climbed around on the really cool rocks. Well, My Man climbed around more than I did...since I'm still pretty cowardly about it...but he did manage to get me to climb up on a big rock! Hand hold and foot hold climbing, and even though I kinda froze and had a bit of a panic attack when I had a few slips, he kept talking me through it and helped me to the top. Which was GREAT for me, honestly...that'll definitely help me over come the irrational fear I have of climbing things like that. Maybe I'll be able to climb with ropes and stuff someday, like the folk we saw.

There were parts of the hike where there were "stairs" carved into the rocks...basically, it was kinda like someone dug foot-holds into the big mountain, put a railing next to it, and you basically climbed up it like it was a ladder (definitely not enough foot space to be thought of as stairs). These were fine, though a little daunting to look at, for going up....but going down, they were kinda terrifying! There's a great photo that My Man took of me heading up these stairs from behind, and you can check that out in the pictures I've uploaded.

We also came across some caves that were mostly closed off due to the season, but they were fun to climb around in, even if they were freezy cold. I could actually see my breath!

Animals that we saw: Lots of ground squirrels, quail, a California Condor, and a coyote!! The condor was really cool, but I was SO jazzed about the coyote. I wanted to CUDDLE it.

Here are the pictures from the hike: Lookit all of the big rocks!

After the hike, we stopped in Gilroy for dinner and headed home. First thing I did was take a shower to wash up, then turned it into a hot bath so I could just sit and soak in the warmth. A hot tub would've felt a lot better, but the tub was good enough. :) I stayed in there for about 30-45 minutes before I got out, threw on my robe and curled up by the fire with some decaf Vanilla Chai tea to read as My Man did some work on his laptop.

I got so warm and cosy that I accidentally dozed off at about 10 pm or so....and woke up at almost 10:30 to find My Man trying to put a false mustache on my face. The twit! ;-) Good thing I woke up before he managed it and was able to take a picture of it. That'll teach me to fall asleep before he does. :) I'll have to start bringing props now to threaten to do the same thing to him, now. Hehe.

VERY good weekend, over all. Tomorrow, though, I have to go to the dentist. Blargh!

No comments: