Tuesday, January 01, 2008

End of the Year Updates

On the 28th, I went to a surprise party for my brother. I had to drive to Sacramento for the first time ever, and EYUCH the 2.5 hour drive was killer for me to do alone.

My Man returned from Hawaii on the 29th, after having a great time snorkling/scuba diving, and brought me a necklace of freshwater pearls. I missed him an awful lot, and there was much happiness and hugs around. :) I missed him an awful lot.

The 30th was when I went to my friend's wedding. That was probably the most surreal part of the weekend, primarily due to the fact that it was one of the friends in my core high school group who's married now -- and she's the first one to do so. Ha, my friend J.A. is next, and that'll be half of the group. Kinda weird that the events are happening within a year of each other. Anyway, the wedding was very pretty and it was nice spending a day with My Man, B-Bear, as well as J.A. and her fiance. After the wedding and (rather long) reception, we all went and saw Sweeney Todd at the movie theater. The Man posted the photos and video I took from the wedding here

For New Year's Eve, My Man and I went out to Palo Alto where there was a ball put on by the Paul Price Orchestra. The mother of my friend who got married plays the violin for them, so my friend invited us to go along and hang out with them for the new year. The dancing was a lot of fun, even though I eventually danced myself into acquiring paaainful legs. The countdown sorta sucked, though. I barely heard him say "okay, 10 seconds..............2, 1..." and then the band played Auld Lang Syne. We all had a bit of the "WTF where was the countdown?" moment, but whatever. It was still a lot of fun. :)

Looking forward to seeing what 2008 holds for me. Goodness knows 2007 was pretty eventful!

No comments: