Tuesday, September 18, 2007

Think I'll go for a walk outside, now...

The Boy left work early today, since it was his last day at HP (Yay for starting a new job! He's excited)....so he gave me a call at around 2:30 to see if I wanted to go for a hike. Of COURSE I did! I was feeling so restless yesterday that it was about to drive me crazy, so it was wonderful to get out and get my restless legs moving. We went up to Almaden Quicksilver and tromped around there for awhile, all the way to where the mining was. We even went through this little deer path thing between some bushes into this "fairy land" area....it was all clear and there were trees all around it. You could see single strands of spider webs glistening in the sunlight that came through the trees, and you could tell no one had really walked around in there. It was so peaceful! I wish there hadn't been so much poison oak around there so we could've stuck around.

Well, we got to the top-area (as far as we were going to go, in order to beat the sun back) and had our sandwiches for a little picnic hanging out on the ground. It was very nice, and we turned around once we were done to head back.

So, speaking of poison oak, we brushed against some of it while climbing around on rocks and scurrying down areas that weren't quite a trail....so when we got back, we had to Tecnu ourselves up before showering. I love all of the Then there was much flop-cuddling and tea sipping.

All in all, an extremely calming afternoon/evening. My legs are definitely feeling it -- but also REALLY needed it. I feel great. LOVE all of the outdoorsy stuff.

Animals we saw:
Pheasants! They took off from the brush next to us.
A cute little lizard that was thin and long -- I think more tail than body
Lots of tenny yellow birds
A few dear near the end -- I saw a buck while we were driving out of the area

No comments: