Friday, May 04, 2007

Boy, when it rains it pours..

Got a call from The Boy today. His grandma (the one who lives in Texas) got into a real bad car accident today. Poor Boy....I sounded so upset that I even started to get tearful, despite having never met the woman.

I told him to call me anytime, and if he ever needs company that I'll head over at the drop of a hat, but I really want to do something more for him. I just don't know what.

Update from when originally posted:
The Boy just called and told me that grandma is out of surgery and in stable condition. Very good news. Hopefully, she'll pull through and have many more years with her family.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cupcakes... Comfort in a sweet little package. Especially since you make them just for him. It shows you care and that you took time to do something for him. If not cupcakes, then something else preferably sweet, but cupcakes are fun and you can decorate them cheerfully. Guys always love it when a girl cooks for them.
I'm glad to hear she had a successful surgery. Have a good weekend!
Linda

The Kitola said...

Normally I would do that, but I'd baked cookies for when he went to his grandfather's funeral last weekend. I don't want him to think I'm fattening him up!