Sunday, July 30, 2006

Happy birthday tooooo meeeeee

Never. Eating. Again.

Went out to dinner with family people at my favorite place, La Fondue. Sadly, I always eating up way too much while there, and my stomach hurts like hell now. Uuuuuuuuurhg. And to think, just the other day I'd noted how I haven't eaten nearly as much as I usually do and have visibly lost weight this summer. :P

It was good to see family people. I miss my brother and his wife lots and lots since they don't live nearby (about a 2 hour drive away, so not TOO far, but still). Got lots of fun stuff for "loot" too.

- Roller Blades with ABT breaks & safety pads
- Dance apparel for rehearsals and exercise and stuff
- "Monk" soundtrack
- Pair of socks & $50 of Best Buy gift cards
- AM/FM adapter for my iPod and portable speakers as well
- A new watch (Which is GOOD since my old one was starting to smell)

Though my favorite memory from today, is from rehearsal. I was talking to the King and Queen from my cast (their real life son also plays my prince....they're a VERY sweet British family) about the fact that I was going out to La Fondue tonight.

Me: Yeah, it's expensive, so I usually only go once in awhile like on my birthday.
Queen: When's your birthday?
Me: Today.
King, Queen, Prince: Today!? Right this very day!? ::Start singing happy birthday! Prince tosses in "Cindy" as a Cinderella reference!::
Me: ::Giggles!::

After awhile, the King and Queen disappeared from the rehearsal, but I didn't worry too much since they're grown ups and had told my mom they'd be right back. About, hmm....30 minutes later, they return with some packages of mini-cupcakes to share with the folk who were there, and a bouquet of peach/pink roses for me. It was SO sweet that I felt like crying. I love that family sooooooo much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday!!!

Anonymous said...

Wish I'd seen this the other day but a very happy belated birthday!!

The Kitola said...

Thanks, all!

Anonymous said...

Long time, no see. Just saying "hi". Hope the show is/was going great