Sunday, February 13, 2005

Ahh..what a weekend.

I won't get too into it, but I had an absoultely wonderful time with Joey this weekend. Despite the confusion with the hotel room, despite his forgetting the gifts he has for me, and despite poor Joey's car battery dying so that it took an extra two hours before he got back on the road -- I had a great time.

At about 3:30, Joey shows up and we head off to check into our hotel room for the night. King sized bed (Biggest damn bed I've ever seen) and a television with a DVD player. By 6:30 we were getting ready to head off to Dave & Buster's for dinner and video games. Lotta fun there! And wow, I really liked the Jack Daniels chicken I got.

Got back to the hotel room by 10 or so, and watched the end of a Lewis Black comedy bit and then four episodes of Coupling before we dozed off. We'd set an alarm to go off at about 8:30 so that we could catch the complimentary breakfast, but...well, we were too exhausted and slept in until practically check out time.

That was when we discovered the dead car battery. Called for AAA and they showed up within about 45 minutes to jump the battery. Drove all the way over to Pep Boys to pick up a new battery and the tools to change it...AND a portable battery charger.

All in all, like I said, I had a wonderful time with my man. Yeah, it would've been nice had we known about their romantic Valentine's Day special services...but you know what? I think it's best when you can spend so much time just being with someone and still feel completely and utterly loved.

No comments: